FPV DRONE PILOT
Triage is looking for licensed FPV drone pilots to have on our evergreen roster of freelance specialists to join us for upcoming projects. A FPV drone pilot specializes in adventure aerial drone cinematography and pushes the boundaries of capturing first person action through new technology and cinematic imagination. This individual must understand what captivates and immerses the viewer in the action to create unparalleled imagery.
ROLE / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Specialize in producing authentic video content of the highest quality to amplify the story, brand, or idea.
- Conduct safety tests, oversee vehicle performance, and assess drone systems’ capabilities.
- Create flight plans based on local terrain and FAA approved flight space.
- Responsible for troubleshooting all technically difficulties on set.
- Conceptualize creative direction and assist with post-production deliverables as needed
Communicate with Director, Assistant Director, and/or Producer on set to ensure all deliverables (still photography, film, drone) are being met.
- Capable of providing both raw and edited footage to Triage while operating under tight time constraints
- FAA Certified Part 107 License.
- FAA Certified Pilot’s License (preferred but not required)
- 3+ years’ experience operating drones.
- 1+ year experience operating FPV drones, specifically.
- Up-to-date drone insurance policy (highly preferred)
- Comfortable flying everything from GoPro’s to cinema grade cameras.
- Excellent communication skills; professional and self-motivated