Triage is looking for experienced documentary directors to have on our evergreen roster of freelance talent to collaborate with as needed on upcoming projects. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience directing documentaries of either sub-30 minutes or feature length films., specializing in one niche format if not both. We are looking for highly organized, creative candidates who know how to turn a creative vision into a coherent film. Documentary directors are responsible for editing and visualizing scripts, identifying set locations, controlling and managing a film’s creative components and form, and guiding the technical crew and talent to capture the vision for the screen. The ideal candidate will feel comfortable creating a film while adhering to strict budgets and timelines and will possess excellent organizational skills. In your application, please provide links to at least two documentaries you have directed.
ROLE / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Editing and interpreting scripts; working on continued development of paper cuts via understanding the story and narrative style.
- Think strategically about how best to use limited resources while still meeting deadlines.
- Coordinating with production crew and post-production team to ensure a consistent creative execution.
- Working with the post team as needed to guide the edit.
- Manage relationships among all those who are involved
- Advanced experience overseeing all aspects of directing documentary films, from creative inception to final product.
- A creative thinker who can conceptualize and articulate ideas to inspire others, as well as actively pursue new innovations that will have a positive impact on our culture.
- Experienced with managing large teams and budgets.
- Passionate about storytelling and filmmaking techniques.
- Adaptable, flexible, and resourceful when necessary to make difficult decisions or manage unexpected challenges