Triage is looking for experienced commercial editors to have on our evergreen roster of freelance talent to collaborate with as needed on upcoming projects. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working on commercial marketing campaigns and have knowledge of multiple softwares including, but not limited to, Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop), Final Cut Pro, InVision, and be comfortable using Google Suite and Microsoft Suite. Trimming hours of video and constructing it into coherent commercial marketing material, whether a 3-5 minute video for YouTube or a handful of sizzles for social media, takes patience, discipline and an inherent understanding of what makes for compelling advertising. The ideal candidate needs to have great communication skills, demonstrated success transforming scripts into polished digital products, and an ability to perform in a high pressure environment under tight deadlines. In your application, please provide links to at least two commercial videos you have edited but not personally shot.
ROLE / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with directors and producers to ensure consistency of creative direction.
- Collaborate with others on the post team to ensure continuity of creative theme for video(s).
- Create and/or assist as needed in creating the voiceover text and other commentary for the video.
- Cut video sequences effectively to ensure the scenes are seamless and flow logically.
- Prepare a logical storyboard by combination of the most effective scenes.
- Locate stock or archival footage and still photographs that can be inserted between footage to aid in the storytelling as needed.
- Utilize superior skills and expertise in handling computer editing equipment.
- Organize video screenings for directors and producers to get their feedback.
- 3+ years experience working as a documentary editor as well as on-set experience.
- Advanced Final Cut Pro experience.
- Advanced experience in using Adobe Premiere Pro to trim segments to set lengths and applying creative storytelling skills to every visual project.
- Familiarity with InVision.
- Advanced experience overseeing all aspects of a commercial edit, from creative inception to final product.
- Experience with sound editing, color grading, online editing and format conversion.
- Excellent communication skills; highly organized; proficient in delivering edits under tight time constraints.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative mindset and ready to set outside the box when needed.
- Willingness to work long hours and over the occasional weekend